Monday, September 16, 2013

CSA Week #16!

Mid-September is here and SIW has definitely taken an autumn turn. I thought I wasn't ready for summer to be over- then there were 2 dreadfully hot days last week that changed my mind. Luckily this weekend was simply delightful. We've got hundreds of colorful mums, corn stalks for decorating, apples cider, pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, and winter squash. My absolute favorite part of fall. Butternut, red kuri, green acorn, carnival, fairytale, cheese, peanut and longneck pumpkins. let me cook you!

This week's CSA share has 2 special guests (while supplies last)- Doc Martins and broccoli!




2 green peppers
1 bag of lettuce
1 HG tomato
1 pt heirloom cherry tomatoes
8 ears of corn
2 lbs HG #2 tomatoes

1 lb red onions
3/4 lb lima beans
2 lbs of eggplant
1/2 lb green beans

*broccoli for 75 cents, if you'd like (limit: 2, cuz 2 heads are better than 1!)



No comments:

Post a Comment