Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Eggplant Recipe! ta-da! Moussaka!

Attention my fellow CSA-ers. Can I tell you a horrid secret? Last week I skipped the eggplant on my CSA share. I had a back stock sitting on my counter from the last 2 weeks and it had officially overwhelmed me. But! I had forgotten my favorite eggplant recipe! The perfect remedy for eggplant overload and chilly evenings, cravings for comfort food and a little spice. This week I'm back on for those purple eggs.

Ladies and gentleman... Eggplant Moussaka!

Here's the link to a version similar to the one I use (good ole Mollie Katzen to the rescue) with the following exceptions:
*drop the eggplant down to 2lb and sub in 1lb of sliced potatoes (this adds some texture and keeps any eggplant frowners at bay).
*add a grated carrot to the sauce portion (a little sweet with that cinnamon to contrast the richness of the mushrooms)

How can you go wrong with tomato sauce and bechamel? 



2 comments:

  1. Where is this link? I pressed every where I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jody, Sorry for the delay. I found the recipe on Mollie Katzen's site. Hope you enjoy!

    http://www.molliekatzen.com/search_results.php?cx=007128168137038715228%3Ar14znmnaig4&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=eggplant+moussaka&sa=Search

    ReplyDelete